19 Reasons why you should upgrade your IPP to an INTEGRIS Personal Pension Plan.
(NON EXHAUSTIVE) DESCRIPTION OF SAMPLE FIDUCIARY OVERSIGHT SERVICES
- Assistance with marriage breakdown procedures to split pension income with ex-spouse
- Surplus reversion application and communications with regulatory authorities and appeals.
- Corporate law support relating to pension plan in sale of a business context – assignment of plan to new sponsor etc.
- Audit of the work done by the actuarial service providers
- Advocacy work with tax and pension authorities at the highest levels in Canada (Dept of Finance, Provincial governments etc.)
- Tax optimization reviews (inter-generational wealth transfers, terminal funding, lifetime capital gains exemption, surplus management etc.) and coordination with tax and legal advisors on the transaction.
- Setting up and management of specialized tax-exempt pension holding corporations for alternative investing
In light of the new tax rules that penalize passive investments within CCPCs, advisors must understand how pension legislation can become a powerful tool to deal with wealth succession, business succession, and tax optimization within a corporate environment.Learn more about the ppp101 course